Brag about your birds! Chick pics!

Thank you! We call our Georgina "Georgie" too! And Fredrika is "Freddie" as well. They were our "red-headed twins." Georgie is a real sweetheart--she's our "cuddle-bunny." I do wish I could tell the other 7 apart so that I could give them all names. I spend a lot of time just looking at them, trying to find distinguishable features. The problem is that they are changing so fast! Even Freddie is starting to resemble "The Seven" so much that I sometimes have difficulty finding her amongst them. Not having had chickens before, I did a lot of searching and decided that RIRs was going to be the best fit to start with. But when it is time to replenish my flock, I'll probably mix it up a bit.
Our three look a ton alike every day as well. One of ours is a really deep color so she’s easier to tell apart, my toddler named her calendar. Then there’s sriracha and I wouldn't be able to tell her and Georgie apart except she runs towards me every time she sees me. If that stops, I may need a new trick lol.

Our three look a ton alike every day as well. One of ours is a really deep color so she’s easier to tell apart, my toddler named her calendar. Then there’s sriracha and I wouldn't be able to tell her and Georgie apart except she runs towards me every time she sees me. If that stops, I may need a new trick lol.
Ha! That is so funny, because that was the first way I was able to tell Freddie and Georgie apart! Freddie was the one that always came running to me in the brooder cage. Later I was able to tell them apart because Freddie developed a darker color beak. Now that they are in the coop/run and I can be in there with them, Freddie doesn't really pay that much attention to me, but Georgie always jumps onto my lap and settles down for a rest. Georgie is also slightly lighter in color than all the rest. I love the name "Calendar!" How in the world did that name come about?

Ha! That is so funny, because that was the first way I was able to tell Freddie and Georgie apart! Freddie was the one that always came running to me in the brooder cage. Later I was able to tell them apart because Freddie developed a darker color beak. Now that they are in the coop/run and I can be in there with them, Freddie doesn't really pay that much attention to me, but Georgie always jumps onto my lap and settles down for a rest. Georgie is also slightly lighter in color than all the rest. I love the name "Calendar!" How in the world did that name come about?
Interestingly enough, we had named our third red one “Fred” cause that was the name of my favorite Rhode Island Red growing up, but my three year old didn’t like that name so he renamed her Calendar lol.

Funny coincidences!

Interestingly enough, we had named our third red one “Fred” cause that was the name of my favorite Rhode Island Red growing up, but my three year old didn’t like that name so he renamed her Calendar lol.

Funny coincidences!
Indeed! My Freddie and Georgie were named (you probably know) from the red head twins from Harry Potter, Fred and George. But since they're girls, I picked feminine versions of the same names (as my family rolls their eyes at me!, lol!).

Adorable! Around how old is your little bantam?
You know it’s crazy actually the guy I got him from said he was 6 weeks when I got him and that was 2 weeks ago! How old does he look to you I find it hard to believe he’s 8 weeks but he could be, never had these guys before but a lot of the pictures I see of his age are different

PXL_20230410_233756515.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230416_153156843.jpg
PXL_20230416_213648548.jpg
PXL_20230416_155258479.jpg
PXL_20230410_233531777.jpg

We got two sets of chicks this year. Five that are 9 weeks old now, and two for Broody Hen this week. Broody is being very patient about my daughter co-parenting.

Attachments

• PXL_20230223_143527785.jpg
    PXL_20230223_143527785.jpg
    645.8 KB · Views: 4
My two jersey giants oryx and raven today enjoying the sun!

Also a not so great picture of Manticore my mottled houdan boy. I absolutely love him.

All are two days shy of 10 weeks.

I’ll have to get some pictures of my 5 week olds but they are way more spicy than my first hatch lol.

Attachments

• A95F6463-735A-47FF-B9FB-CA70CB67695B.jpeg
    A95F6463-735A-47FF-B9FB-CA70CB67695B.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 8195638F-D22B-4C6D-A007-484EE3CEB506.jpeg
    8195638F-D22B-4C6D-A007-484EE3CEB506.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 2
You know it’s crazy actually the guy I got him from said he was 6 weeks when I got him and that was 2 weeks ago! How old does he look to you I find it hard to believe he’s 8 weeks but he could be, never had these guys before but a lot of the pictures I see of his age are different
I couldn’t tell, that’s why I has to ask! He looks young but he’s definitely a little cockerel, no questions about it 😂. Super cute!

View attachment 3474304View attachment 3474305View attachment 3474307View attachment 3474308View attachment 3475479
We got two sets of chicks this year. Five that are 9 weeks old now, and two for Broody Hen this week. Broody is being very patient about my daughter co-parenting.
These are just the sweetest pictures! My almost 2 year old little boy can’t be trusted long enough for me to take a cute picture. He Just wants to hug them *so big*, like he does his 90 lb dog 😁!

My two jersey giants oryx and raven today enjoying the sun!

Also a not so great picture of Manticore my mottled houdan boy. I absolutely love him.

All are two days shy of 10 weeks.

I’ll have to get some pictures of my 5 week olds but they are way more spicy than my first hatch lol.
Wow your chickens are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom