Brag on Max!:)

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
Anybody who has got to know me soon knows I have a Chow/Shiba Inu named Max. He is a little over a year old and totally devoted to myself and daughter. He has already scared undesirables away because he does look intimidating and would protect us with his life.He also watches very closely any guests we have in the house. On the other side he is the biggest baby and ALWAYS listens when we tell him to "drop it". That goes for anything, even food. If I tell him to "Stay" he will sit there forever until I tell him its okay. He has only ever had one accident in the house. He will only accept food from myself and daughter. My son tried to bribe him. No dice.
The electric meter guy always give the dogs treats,everyone else loves him, but it doesnt work with Max, I have to bring him into the house.
He is not a barker except if there is something actually wrong.
Now to what made me post this. The past few nights we have had rabbits close to the dog fence. He shows curiousity, but when I tell him "Leave it alone" he goes about his business. At the same time if I TOLD him to chase something out of the yard, he would.(I am tolerant of the rabbits but really going to have to "rabbit proof" my apple trees this winter!)
I had been looking for a farm dog when we get out to the farm, but I think we already have that dog.
smile.png
Sorry, I just had to brag, he has really paid back ten fold all of his training!

He is also great on road trips, a good traveler and doesnt get sick. He is crate trained...And yes, he is a beautiful dog though the neighbor next door thinks he is "scary".
LOL, okay, I do have a pic of him on the computer, how do I post it? I e-mail a couple of BYC members and did send a pic of him and Cooper (the pain in the butt dachshund) to them from my e-mail but i have no clue how to do it from here!

Last edited:
Hi MagC - I feel your pain. If you go to the Index and then freguently asked questions you will be led through the process - otherwise listen up:
load your pics onto Photo Bucket - easy peasy just resize as needed.
make your Photo Bucket page a Favorite so you can get there easily as you have to go back and forth. Go to Photo Bucket and find your pic of your gorgeous dog and then in the little lineup underneath copy the Image bar by highlighting it and pressing copy in your Edit drop down. Come back to here - post a reply and when you are on the page press Control V. Voila, it will be there - you will have to press Preview to make sure but it should work. You will be told in the Frequently Asked Questions that you have to push Img above but I don't and it works.
Good luck! Can't wait to see the pics!
Jan

Back
Top Bottom