Brahma and Cochin Bantams together?

Annie Day

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2024
I am getting ready to start my Bantam flock again and would love some input! I know I want Cochin Bantams- but I'm also interested in adding some Buff and Dark Brahma Bantams as well.

I'm familiar with the wonderful sweet personalities of the Cochins - are the Brahma Bantams as sweet and docile? I will be buying straight run - but only plan on keeping Brahma & Cochin hens and Cochin roosters.

Can I keep 2 Bantam Cochin roosters together with 8-10 hens? Or will they fight?

thanks!

:welcome Brahma and Cochin bantam hens should do fine if raised together. Two Cochin roosters may or may not fight. A lot depends on the temperament of the birds involved and the amount of space they have.

:welcome Brahma and Cochin bantam hens should do fine if raised together. Two Cochin roosters may or may not fight. A lot depends on the temperament of the birds involved and the amount of space they have.
I think I replied in the wrong place!😊Thanks!

Have seen to pekin roosters (cochin bantams in usa; usa vesion is slightly bigger than the uk version but otherwise the same) live together but with no hens. They had several acres to free range but they always stayed together.

Back
Top Bottom