Brahma at 7 weeks....am in a gal or guy?

Gritstar -

Thanks for the pics....

That pink around the eyes, face and underneat her comb had me worried some.

This is my first foray into Chickens...and I only have 4 girls who are suppose to do well in the freezing Montana winters, cold springs and autumns. I got 4 different girls to give me an idea if I can do it and if I can which ones should I have.

I am really enjoying the Brahma, actually wish I had done another as she/he is such a charmer. Keep your fingers crossed it is a she and not a he.

You're welcome. Anything I can do to help someone else become addicted to the brahmas I'll gladly do. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya, but I'm pretty sure you got a pullet.
fl.gif
I knew I wanted brahmas from the very beginning and I haven't been disappointed. I do wish I had ordered more of the light brahmas though. At first my light brahmas were extra sweet with the darks taking 2nd place, and the buffs being the most standoffish. Now the lights are still sweet as honey, but the buffs are starting to show their personalities and are sweet as well. The darks are still a bit shy, but all of them are gentle and calm.
Oh! I wanted to mention this, for what it's worth. Two of my buff brahma pullets go crushed in a pile-up a few weeks back and when I found them their combs were extra red from getting too hot. They recovered, but their combs have remained darker than their sisters; still definitely pullets though.
Good luck with yours.
smile.png

So does comb size...or color count more when sexxing a Brahma 7 almost 8 week old?

My she/he has just a tiny wart for a comb, but boy is she pink on her face, and most of the comb area except her wart comb, which is still yellow.

I so desparately want her to be a she so she can stay...

Looking at your pics and comparing to mine, I think you've definitely got a pullet. My two roos have much bigger combs at this age.

Back
Top Bottom