Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
Thanks to all who answered my question. They will probably be my only sparatic laying bird then. Other than the Buckeye. I have only been around one Brahma, and that was years ago. She laid 3-4 a week until she was 3. She laid better in the winter than in warmer weather. When her production went, she went in the oven.

I have brahmas but they are bantams they lay pretty well about 4-5 eggs from each of them per week. They are sweet and docile and have tried to go broody, I haven't let them, and I recommend them the full size brahmas are HUGE! And good for meat and eggs. So they are a good breed in my book.
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png

I have brahmas but they are bantams they lay pretty well about 4-5 eggs from each of them per week. They are sweet and docile and have tried to go broody, I haven't let them, and I recommend them the full size brahmas are HUGE! And good for meat and eggs. So they are a good breed in my book.
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
I am glad to hear that you enjoy the breed and you get so many eggs. This spring we will be getting 3. 1 Light cockerel,1 Dark pullet, and 1 Buff pullet. We are just trying out the breed. My son had to have a Dark Brahma and my husband wanted the Light. I saw the buff and decided to get one of those too.

I have two 9 month-old dark brahma pullets from a show breeder. Their feather penciling is still mossy. At what age are standard brahmas supposed to have their adult plumage? Here is one of them...

Back
Top Bottom