Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
After having my Brahma girls repeatedly go broody only to have to hatch eggs from other breeds I finally have my first pure Brahma chicks!
I was surprised to see some already appear to have the beetle brow and some don't. I've never seen cranial variations in other breeds. Is it normal to see head variations like this so young in Brahmas?
I pasted pics below of some of the chicks. Some have very wide heads with heavy brows and others, not at all.

I can't wait for mine to be old enough to lay eggs and hatch some babies. I remember when mine were tiny babies. I'm getting excited seeing babies and bigger chick's and chickens.

I can't wait for mine to be old enough to lay eggs and hatch some babies. I remember when mine were tiny babies. I'm getting excited seeing babies and bigger chick's and chickens.
Mine were almost adults when I got them and it took a long time before they laid. I thought I would have chicks a long time ago but they had other plans. I'm very happy to finally have chicks of my own finally with more due to hatch next week. :) Good luck with yours!

My oldest 2 pullets will be 25 weeks on the 7th. I'm trying to keep track of their ages. They were hatched March 16th this year. My younger 2 are about a month younger than my older 2. My 4 yr old son named all but 1 of the girls. I got to name her. I have Madea, Chickoleta, Skye, and Everest. He also named my 3 cockerels. They are Zuma, Mr. Meany, and Little Bit. He loves the chickens. He goes out with me to check on them in the evening. I get to go by myself in the morning. He wants the pullets to hatch some chick's next week lol.

My oldest 2 pullets will be 25 weeks on the 7th. I'm trying to keep track of their ages. They were hatched March 16th this year. My younger 2 are about a month younger than my older 2. My 4 yr old son named all but 1 of the girls. I got to name her. I have Madea, Chickoleta, Skye, and Everest. He also named my 3 cockerels. They are Zuma, Mr. Meany, and Little Bit. He loves the chickens. He goes out with me to check on them in the evening. I get to go by myself in the morning. He wants the pullets to hatch some chick's next week lol.

Ha! I can empathize with him. Mine are molting now so no eggs. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom