Brahma breeding

KyKyMarie77

Songster
Dec 5, 2020
Hello! I saw a picture of a “salmon splash” Brahma and am wondering how to breed brahmas to get to that color. I have light dark and buff Brahma hens and a light Brahma rooster. Does anybody know as well what breeding a light Brahma to buff and dark will look like?

Hello! I saw a picture of a “salmon splash” Brahma and am wondering how to breed brahmas to get to that color. I have light dark and buff Brahma hens and a light Brahma rooster. Does anybody know as well what breeding a light Brahma to buff and dark will look like?
No I wouldn't, but I do have the same birds, I know some people who would.
@MysteryChicken.

Hope this helps, Rooster.

No I wouldn't, but I do have the same birds, I know some people who would.
@MysteryChicken.

Hope this helps, Rooster.
I completely forgot what the other gene is that creates the salmon coloration. But I know there's Silver Wheaten, which is the base color.

So I'm guessing both parents would have to be of Blue Silver Wheaten to produce Splash Salmon.

This is a new one for me, sort of.

Do you have a picture of these salmon splash brahmas? I ask because variety names could be misleading, so they could have different genetics than an actual splash salmon.

Light x buff - light hens and roosters who appear mostly light but have some yellow leakage
Light x dark - hens will either be mostly light in appearance or have partial penciling. Roosters will appear dark with silver leakage in the chest or appear light with black leakage in the chest.

Do you have a picture of these salmon splash brahmas? I ask because variety names could be misleading, so they could have different genetics than an actual splash salmon.

Light x buff - light hens and roosters who appear mostly light but have some yellow leakage
Light x dark - hens will either be mostly light in appearance or have partial penciling. Roosters will appear dark with silver leakage in the chest or appear light with black leakage in the chest.
This is the picture :) it’s from YouTube I saw them in another post here but I can’t find the post.

Attachments

• 90070C10-08B8-4646-AD53-3D20AFF29559.png
    90070C10-08B8-4646-AD53-3D20AFF29559.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
@Amer what do you think the genetics of these are? They don’t look salmon to me.
They females do look salmon splash, but the male looks like white laced red. 🤔
Light to buff= Gold/silver het columbian males and light females
Light to dark= Columbian but with lots of lacing where it shouldn’t be.

They females do look salmon splash, but the male looks like white laced red. 🤔
Light to buff= Gold/silver het columbian males and light females
Light to dark= Columbian but with lots of lacing where it shouldn’t be.
The rooster looks like a splash with red leakage to me. I could see salmon in the hens, but I wasn’t aware that brahmas had any sort of wheaten/salmon varieties.

Back
Top Bottom