Brahma chick, is it a roo?? And another chick breed question...

mommyofthree

Songster
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Sorry the pic is terrible, I used my bad camera!! I'm wondering what color these Brahmas are supposed to be (got them from a friend who didn't know) and also is one of them a roo?? The one in the back has a large red comb already while the other does not, I think they are 6-7 weeks old.
57931_dsc06682.jpg

And wondering what breed this one is, it's about 6 weeks old. Is it a RIR??
57931_dsc06683.jpg

To be honest, the chicks in the top pic look alot like Porcelain d'Uccles to me. I have some that look just like that. Purebred Brahmas come Light (white w/grey), Buff (beige w/black) and Dark (dark grey pattern). Not sure what you have there.
I have a couple of RIR's and they are a much deeper mahogany color than the one is your picture. Hope someone else can help.

Thanks!! I googled pics and they do look like Porcelain d'Uccles!!! All I know is that they have feathered feet and the lady that gave them to me said they were Brahmas.
hu.gif

Those top two definately look like porcelain d'uccles. I have 3 of them in my brooder right now that look the same. The one in the back looks like a roo and the front one like a pullet. If they are d'uccles the boys develop red/pink combs very early, and the girls do not.

Back
Top Bottom