Brahma chicken feeling poorly!

Adriene

Hatching
Jan 15, 2021
I have a lovely Brahma hen only nine months old. She seems to be unsteady on her feet, favoring her left foot. Also has yellow feces and shakes her head every once in a while. I have her isolated, giving her apple cider vinegar laced water, poached egg, homemade whey and yogurt. If anyone has an idea what is wrong with her, please let me know. The other chickens started to peck her so I removed her and currently have her in the house. I even take her outside when it is nice and let her walk and sit in the dirt. She is such a sweet chicken. Have had her since she hatched. . Her crop isn’t enlarged and I can find no injuries to her foot. I also have another Brahma and she seems to be doing fine. If anyone has any ideas as to what is ailing her, I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Welcome to BYC, sorry your chicken isn't feeling well. Can you take a video of it walking, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then copy and paste the link here?

I tried taking a video of her but of course, when I wanted her to walk, she refused. I will try again tomorrow. I have quarantined her in my guest bathroom right now and she slips a lot on the bathroom floor.

I tried taking a video of her but of course, when I wanted her to walk, she refused. I will try again tomorrow. I have quarantined her in my guest bathroom right now and she slips a lot on the bathroom floor.
Can you put paper towels down or something for her?

I put towels and paper towels down but she just wants to sit right now. She is a very sweet chicken but has a little stubborn streak. Tomorrow I will take her outside and there she will most likely walk around. I take her out daily but not inside the chicken run.

Back
Top Bottom