Brahma Coloring Question

heavenjumper

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2021
I bought some Dark Brahma hatching eggs this spring and as the chicks ate getting older, one chick has me a little puzzled. I have 9 chicks, believe only 1 cockerel left in the bunch, but this one I believe is a pullet but she has a lot more white to her feathers than the others. I apologize for the not great quality of the picture, this one is very timid and likes to run when I get close.
20220620_151613.jpg

Below is some pictures of the parent flock and a couple of them have heavy pencilling, but not patches of white this little one has.
Screenshot_20220620-151218_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220620-151111_Facebook.jpg

The chicks are 10 weeks old. Could it be "temporary" and will disappear as she matures and grows in more feathers or am I wrong and this is another cockerel, or is it a genetic trait that I should keep away from my breeding flock? The chick that I'm sure is a cockerel doesn't even have a much white on him as this chick. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you both, that's what I was leaning towards but wasn't positive because my boys usually grow feathers(body and tail both) slower than the girls and this one has plenty more feathers than the other cockerel so it threw me off.

Back
Top Bottom