mlhobbyfarmers

Chirping
Jul 6, 2012
I have a Trio of Dark Brahmas and a Trio of Light Brahmas I was wondering what the color variation would be if I matched the Dark rooster and a Light hen and the Light rooster with a Dark hen would be.

Ridgerunner

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
I'm having trouble coming up with a genetic description of a Dark Brahma. I can't find anything I'm comfortable with. I think they are silver penciled and the dark comes from melanizers but I'm not sure so this is a guess. But I think regardless of which way you go the offspring will look like the Dark Brahma.

Egghead_Jr

Crowing
Oct 16, 2010
NEK, VT
I have a Trio of Dark Brahmas and a Trio of Light Brahmas I was wondering what the color variation would be if I matched the Dark rooster and a Light hen and the Light rooster with a Dark hen would be.
According to the chicken calculator you'd get Light Brahma with incomplete lacing on neck.

mlhobbyfarmers

Chirping
Jul 6, 2012
I'm having trouble coming up with a genetic description of a Dark Brahma. I can't find anything I'm comfortable with. I think they are silver penciled and the dark comes from melanizers but I'm not sure so this is a guess. But I think regardless of which way you go the offspring will look like the Dark Brahma.
Thanks

Top Bottom