brahma...colors

Quote:
Whoa. Check out those Vulture Hocks! Is that allowed in the standard, or is that a non-standard variety there? That is a gorgeous color, though. A product of porcelain Mille Fleurs, somewhere down the line, perhaps why they are only in Bantam?

Quote:
LOL, they certainly are a big enough canvas to paint on! They are wonderful birds, like I was saying earlier though on another thread...I just don't have the patience or the pocket book! So slow to mature and those suckers can EAT! Or, at least the ones I had were...

Quote:
Whoa. Check out those Vulture Hocks! Is that allowed in the standard, or is that a non-standard variety there? That is a gorgeous color, though. A product of porcelain Mille Fleurs, somewhere down the line, perhaps why they are only in Bantam?

Thay are a non standard colour, and are obviously a work in progress. They were first exhibited in Switzerland, not too long ago. I think the vulture hocks may come from Sabelpoot, as porcelain (isabel millefleur) is standardised there.
smile.png

The vulture hocks come simply from the fact that Brahmas outside the US have and are allowed vulture hocks.
wink.png

There was a breeder of Brahmas I recall seeing online years ago who had all sorts of colors. I cannot remember the name or website, but I believe that Greenfire Farms had some of his stock or was working with him. Can anyone remind me of this guy? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom