Brahma colourcombines?

Enhen

Hatching
Mar 15, 2019
Hi! I have a Brahma colour bso and a colour lemon pyle. Could it become lavender colombian? Anyone else Who have The experience?
Screenshot_20190306_160218.jpg
IMG_20190109_151058.jpg

The pyle is probably a blue based splash & the bso also has blue genetics, so you could get a splash of some sort if you bred them together. I am not a genetic wiz though. Try it. See what you get. It can't hurt & you might come up with a cool color combo. Afterall, that's how most colors were produced. :)

You'll get mostly silver birds with blue or splash columbian markings and maybe some gold leakage on the males.

Details:

Apparently, in Brahmas, lemon pyle = splash columbian. Which makes sense, because I've never seen any pyle that looks like your hen. Is your cockerel black or blue?

In either case, the chickens are both probably partridge-based. That's (e^b) Since they're both the same pattern, that means that the chicks are likely to be neater in appearance than if they weren't.

The cock, from my research, is silver-based with a mahogany modifier. The hen is gold-based. Theoretically, that should give you sexlinked chicks; realistically, there's a reason that the hatcheries do it the other way around. The chicks will all inherit silver from their father; only the cockerels will inherit gold (from their mother) This will be mostly invisible, especially for the first few months. They may begin to develop gold shoulders. So the chicks are going to be silver.

Due to the mahogany they inherited from their father, the males should have mahogany shoulders.

They'll all inherit columbian from the mother. So they'll all have columbian markings, since columbian is dominant. If the father is blue, then half of the chicks will be blue in those places, and half of them will be splash (like their mother) If the father is black, then all of the chicks will be blue columbian.

BSO Brahma are Red enhanced Silver based, just like Faverolles but based on the Partridge eb allele instead of the Wheaten allele. The cross is not a Sex link cross as the gold from the gold based mother is completely recessive on the male chicks(Silver is complete dominant). They will be Black/Blue Silver Columbian(Silver on body, but rich orange on shoulder and hackle/saddle)

Last edited:
Gosh, what engagement you have put here, very appreciated that you have comited to my thread He is blue as you can see in these new pictures of him.

Back
Top Bottom