Brahma Cross Hatching Eggs

morganalefae

Head nut at the nut house
6 Years
May 2, 2017
Leicestershire UK
For sale is a lucky dip lot of 6 freshly laid believed to be fertile eggs from my own mix flock of happy healthy free range chickens. I have had good hatch rates thus far this year with 88%+ hatch rates (list of breeds in my flock are below). I hatch out at lest 1 lot of eggs a month to test fertility. I'm asking for £4.80 for the lot. if you want more I might be able to do more just ask.

(pictures are of egg colours the small ones are from one of the silkie crosses ask me to include any if you want to try and hatch any the other picture is some chicks I hatched out 2-3 weeks ago)
I'm trying to get a Brahma type hybrid that lays a high amount of eggs specially one's that lay green eggs.

I'm located in the UK and can only sell to those in the UK.
I can ship eggs to you if your in the UK and can't collect them but you will have to pay for postage and packaging.

My small flock is DEFRA registered.

I have 14 hens running with my Brahma rooster.

Breeds of hens are as follows.
2x RIR (Rhode Island Reds) hens.
2x Silkie x Brahma cross hens.
Black (reversed) Sussex hen.
Rhode Rock hen.
Speckledy hen.
Bluebell hen.

Lavender Araucana (dark blue-green egg layer) hen.
Chestershire Blue (light blue egg layer) hen.
Warren aka red ranger hen.
3x Pure Brahma (2 blues 1 black) hen.

Attachments

• 29196517_10216035983315363_1744988767904595968_o.jpg
    29196517_10216035983315363_1744988767904595968_o.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 40
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 9
Hi. I might be after some brahma eggs in a month or so. Do you have purebred brahma eggs? I asked the question about making blue brahma eggs a week or two back and it seems very difficult nearly impossible for that. So green eggs would be great. If you are successful with these I would definitely be interested.

I do have 3 pure brahma girls with a pure brahma male but would be unable to tell what egg came from who other then the blue and dark blue-green egg layers. as the rest lay brown eggs and cram themselves 3 to 1 nest box. Blue would be a way off for me to even try but green is more possible.

I could do 6 eggs 3 each from my chestershire blue hen and 3 from my lavender araucana hen if you want to hatch out some possible green eggers.

Sounds about right all the hens laying in the same box! I had two Araucana hens but one died a week ago. I am getting more Araucanas but it would be nice to have a green egg layer.
I'm planning to change my coop for a larger one in a few weeks and make a broody pen. I have two brahmas that love being broody! So I may possibly want some Cheshire blue eggs from you. My plan is for 2-3 Araucana or olive Eggers and two pure brahmas. So taking into account of males and non hatchers, I think I would need maybe 6-7 each. I can get brahma eggs locally but there quite expensive!

Sounds about right all the hens laying in the same box! I had two Araucana hens but one died a week ago. I am getting more Araucanas but it would be nice to have a green egg layer.
I'm planning to change my coop for a larger one in a few weeks and make a broody pen. I have two brahmas that love being broody! So I may possibly want some Cheshire blue eggs from you. My plan is for 2-3 Araucana or olive Eggers and two pure brahmas. So taking into account of males and non hatchers, I think I would need maybe 6-7 each. I can get brahma eggs locally but there quite expensive!
If you want pure Brahmas there is a lady on eBay that sells Brahma hatching eggs bigchicksbylisa have a few Brahmas from her hatching eggs

I just need more space and time. I'd love to do some hatches for sale. Mostly people have hybrids, which are good birds, but it would be good to have more pure breeds around. I have a weakness for brahmas! They are so daft and friendly! I've never been pecked by one even when I've had to remove a broody from the nest. They just grumble at me! And I love the Araucanas. They are my most friendly girls. It really upset me when one died. She was eggbound. Started Saturday she was died Sunday night.

Back
Top Bottom