Brahma hen or Cockerel?

Emmey

Songster
May 13, 2020
Anacoco, Louisiana
Hello i have light brahma who i think is a hen because she sit in a nest so i ordered 2 males at a hatchery. But now i think she is actually a he. She is 1 year old.
20200526_160845.jpg

Looks like a hen to me. I don't see the pointy neck feathers your rooster sports and no sickle feathers. My hen looks just like that (but buff colored - lol) at 2 yrs old. But I am no expert...

Why do you think she's a he?

Looks like a hen to me. I don't see the pointy neck feathers your rooster sports and no sickle feathers. My hen looks just like that (but buff colored - lol) at 2 yrs old. But I am no expert...

Why do you think she's a he?
She isn't as fluffy as much as her sister, but the reason I ask is because she started clucking like nuts and the roosters were joining her. Thank you for your opinion.😀

Oh my goodness yes! The egg song! Haha! I have 7 hens. When they all get going in the morning and the rooster joins in, it's crazy! I SWEAR the girls are much louder than my boy!
I never heard of egg laying song, most of my chickens keep quiet when it comes to laying eggs. But you learn something new everyday.;)

Back
Top Bottom