? brahma mix

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crazyhen, Nov 29, 2008.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I bought two brahma from an old man. Later I noticed one looks like a true brahma but the other is slightly smaller and has whitish legs with very little feathering. Today they have both layed. One for the first time. One egg is a med brown, the other a lighter pinkish brown. What was my second hen mixed with. Which egg is true brahma egg color? jean

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Brahmas lay brown eggs. If you could post a picture of your second chicken it would help us figure out what she might be a mix of.

Plus, we just like to see pictures! [​IMG]

3. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    my buff brahma lays a light brown almost pink egg.

4. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    here is a picture. Sorry they are out on wet ground today so their sort of messed up Jean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    \\
    the first hen is the one in question although I doubt either are full brahma.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  5. Chickybaby

Chickybaby Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    NC - paradise!
    [​IMG] They have Lt Brahma in them for sure, but are MUCH whiter than my Lt Brahma girls. My girls have more black on their necks than yours. Yours are very pretty birds, though... Here's a shot of a few of my girls...

[​IMG]

6. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Hey, chickY, here we are posting online at the same time! Do you think they know there are two of us!?
    love,
    ChickIE

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Looks like a Light Brahma and Deleware mix. The black isn't dark enough for a Brahma, but it does have feathered legs. That's my guess. It at least looks like a Deleware mixed with something.

8. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Looks almost identical to my Light Brahma x Buff Orpington hen. My Borp has less black in her neck than yours does, but it's creepy...the resemblance is ridiculous!

9. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:I agree. Delawares are light like that.

10. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Do the Delawares have white legs? Jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by