Brahma rooster anger managment.

I've got a brahma rooster that used to be a sweetheart but over the last couple of months has turned into a terror. I got him from meyer hatchery last April and he has been handled ever since I got him. The first time he jumped on someone was when my little sister was in the pen by herself. He jumped on her and backed her into a corner and kept jumping on her. My little sister is 11 years old and weighs about 75 pounds and this 12 pound rooster just goes berserk on her. Since then he has tried to jump on just about everyone that enters the pen with him. Even this morning I went out and refilled the they're feed and after I was out of the pen with the gate locked I see him run up and headbutt the gate.

My question is, Will he grow out of this or will he forever be a vicious tyrant? I got Brahmas because they were supposed to be very docile and friendly but it broke my little sisters heart when he attacked her.
79575_dscf1957.jpg

79575_dscf1966.jpg
Oh my gosh. This is me right now 8 years later and desperate!!! Mine was my sweet baby for 4 months, then it began. I now carry a rake in the pen with me! Today he flew up at me and actually got out the door while trying to attack me..I got him back in. It’s just me he attacks, not my husband. I was the one who spent every day out with them as 1 day olds.
Did yours grow up and out of it?? I seriously can’t handle it!! He’s drawn blood on me. Please help!! ❤️

Oh my gosh. This is me right now 8 years later and desperate!!! Mine was my sweet baby for 4 months, then it began. I now carry a rake in the pen with me! Today he flew up at me and actually got out the door while trying to attack me..I got him back in. It’s just me he attacks, not my husband. I was the one who spent every day out with them as 1 day olds.
Did yours grow up and out of it?? I seriously can’t handle it!! He’s drawn blood on me. Please help!! ❤️

Unfortunately the OP hasn't been active since 2017, so you're unlikely to get a response. To add to the unfortunate news, it seems like extreme aggression to me. IMO, you cannot train aggression out of a bird. He might calm down with age, but with the level of intensity he seems to be exhibiting, I doubt. It's more so a matter of if you can handle and manage him, or let him go

Back
Top Bottom