Brahma sick need help

I’m glad I got them paper pee pads for dogs cause I’m using it for her lol. There’s no way I could put a cage in a run it’s the way my husband made it. Only the chickens can get in there we can’t it’s a movable run and a movable chicken tractor. But it’s very hard to move.

I would keep her in the laundry room.
She seems to be doing so much better and the air conditioning. She’s not comfortable because she’s been standing up for almost 4 hours now. I don’t know my husband might have a fit lol because he mentioned don’t bring the chicken in the house. I’m wondering if she has maybe asthma does chickens get asthma I’m trying to study about it now

She seems to be doing so much better and the air conditioning. She’s not comfortable because she’s been standing up for almost 4 hours now. I don’t know my husband might have a fit lol because he mentioned don’t bring the chicken in the house. I’m wondering if she has maybe asthma does chickens get asthma I’m trying to study about it now
I'm not sure if chickens can get asthma.

I'm not sure if chickens can get asthma.
Just an update she came out for the first time in the shade and did some Foraging that gave me a little bit of hope because she hasn’t done that in two weeks. And when one of the girls try to attack her this morning she actually jumped up not bend down. My husband read that if you keep the chicken in the house even though it’s out of the house in the laundry room where the air is on and you can get all kind of diseases. So unfortunately I can’t bring her back in right now. But I think those five hours did her good gave her a chance to heal and be quiet without being stressed and hot. I’m gonna keep doing what I’m doing and see what happens hopefully she starts getting better and better.

Your husband would not approve of me...I currently have several 5-week-old babies who need to go to the outside brooder NOW. It's still going to be 102 degrees today and tomorrow so I will take them out at dusk tomorrow for the cool down the rest of the week.

Your husband would not approve of me...I currently have several 5-week-old babies who need to go to the outside brooder NOW. It's still going to be 102 degrees today and tomorrow so I will take them out at dusk tomorrow for the cool down the rest of the week.
When they were babies we actually kept them in a box and the office and just kept cleaning up after them. He just doesn’t want the full grown chicken in the house. Wow That’s a very high temperature even in Florida it’s 93 but it sometimes feels like 100

We are in a heat advisory right now, today being the hottest. It's a dry heat. My flock made it through yesterday...I even got 6 eggs out of 7 laying hens.
Omg We’re in Florida and it’s not that bad. I’ve been putting ice in their water once or twice during the day and also given them some frozen blueberries to try to help and they’ve been finding shade. But my one hen it’s really affecting her. I actually put her in the outside sink and got her all wet because she was breathing so hard. But then she went into the sand and took a dust bath so I think she’s feeling better I’ve been doing a lot of things to try to help her.

Back
Top Bottom