Bramas

They are about 5 months old, and they are a dark gold with greenish black tail feathers. I didn't know what they were. They were just two little fluff balls in a box at a flea market, They sure are sweet and friendly chickens

This is a buff hen, about 7 months old:

4810_10-05-08_001.jpg

I don't have a buff rooster, but here is a pic of my dark brahma rooster - you can clearly see that in front of his tail he has pointed saddle feathers. A hen would not have the pointed ones:

4810_endofapril_002.jpg

Here is a pic of the same rooster when he was about 5 months old:

4810_hensroos_008.jpg

Thanks so much for the pics and info. What a handsome rooster. Is there any thing special I need to know to help keep my girls healthy and happy?

If you have buff Brahmas, here are a couple of pictures of some of mine. They are a very easy-going breed, good foragers, and are pretty consistent laying eggs. Mine lay about 3 eggs every 4 days.

By the way, a green sheen to the tail feathers may mean you have roos. Do you have any pictures?

31698_p1000880.jpg
31698_p1000510.jpg

Quote:
Brahmas are very easy birds to care for. They withstand cold and heat very well. Just good food, clean water and a safe coop are all you really need.
If you have some roos, best to advertise them to good homes now. People generally want younger birds.

Back
Top Bottom