Brand new to the Chicken game

Outer Banksters

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 27, 2014
Hello BYC,
We are a newly engaged/new home owners/new chicken owners. The last few months have been incredibly exciting. We have added three little pullets ,whom we love dearly, to our family. General tso (australorp), colonel sanders (rhodebar), and atilla the hen (Easter egger).
We are so glad to be a part of BYC and are so thankful for all of the information we have hunted and pecked off of this forum so far.
Are there any other BYC members on the NC outer banks? Would love to connect with some home town chicken folk.
:D

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

If you go to the top of the page you will see the search box and just type in your State you will find NC and all your new friends
cool.png

Our June hatch Easter Egg'er 23 chicks
jumpy.gif

gander007
old.gif

If you go to "where am I, where are you," thread in the social forum you can locate and post on your

state thread. Hopefully there will be other chickeners in your midst. Good luck and welcome to the flock.

Welcome to BYC and congratulations on all three events! That's three nice breeds you have there. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed as they are very hardy, gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs; and my granddaughter loves the Easter Eggers for their colored eggs. Good luck with your flock.

:welcome

Hello and welcome to BYC!

Sounds like your having a blast! Chickens are so much fun and relaxing IMO!

Have you been to our learning center yet? They have some great articles to read, here is the link to it, https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, someone is always willing to lend an hand!
Also if you need anything or have questions about your new ones this thread is really good, https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/how-to-raise-baby

Here's the link to your home state, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/91762/north-Carolina, this way you can connect with peeps close to you or maybe even buy or sell!

:frow

Thanks for the advice everybody! We found our state thread. Lots of people in our area :cool:

Last edited:
Hello BYC,
We are a newly engaged/new home owners/new chicken owners. The last few months have been incredibly exciting. We have added three little pullets ,whom we love dearly, to our family. General tso (australorp), colonel sanders (rhodebar), and atilla the hen (Easter egger).
We are so glad to be a part of BYC and are so thankful for all of the information we have hunted and pecked off of this forum so far.
Are there any other BYC members on the NC outer banks? Would love to connect with some home town chicken folk.
big_smile.png
Congratulations on all welcome to BYC forum
welcome-byc.gif

I love the imaginative names you've given your girls.

Back
Top Bottom