Breastfeeding in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I know I love eating lunch in the bathroom. Doesn't everybody?! ;-)

I breastfed all of my children, most past the "accepted" age (which seems to be 6wks in most places, but I'm talking more than a year). Thankfully, I didn't run in to very ignorant people...or at least, ignorant vocal people. ;-)

Proud breastfeeder for seven years (combined)
love.gif

I can understand if a mother has NO other outlet to breastfeed her baby but to the bathroom. Some stores dont have that room or facility to add another "family" room for their breastfeeding duties. I am aware more and more malls and stores are listening in ...

One stubborn and mostly conservative mans perspective here. I do not get excited or offended in any way if I happen to notice a woman breastfeeding. (I very rarely notice it at all) I really do not understand what the big deal is about a breast. I also have never saw a woman throw one out and start shouting hello everyone look at me. I personally think we as a society have way too many taboos. When did society in its infinite wisdom decide an expensive soy product was more convenient and a good substitute for what nature intended? We (the US) have unhealthy babies compared to other developed nations because many woman are either too bashful or too lazy to breastfeed. I am not putting woman down many of us men in this country are very lazy as well. Sometimes a mans jealousy may be why the woman will not breastfeed. If we done away with the convenience foods and disposable products and learned to do more for ourselves I think we could get back to one income families.

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought the ME,MyChickens,My Family was for topics other than chickens. Why do some people on this board only want to talk chickens all the time? Just like the tattoo post....someone didn't want that on the board because it didn't have to do with chickens.

I have no problems talking about breastfeeding anywhere! I am a labor & delivery and pediatric nurse, I help moms learn to breastfeed daily so I guess it gets old when I come home, log on and read people bickering back and forth about the most natural thing in this world, it's old, people are close minded so I guess yeah I would not mind some chicken talk, or tattoos, I just got one last night, want to talk about that? People should stop judging and when you see someone breastfeeding say thank you because that mom is giving her child the gift of health! The stats are out there, read them!

I am all for breastfeeding. Your comment "chickens are still not breastfeeding" made it sound like you didn't want it talked about. I was just questioning if it's ok to talk about other topics on this board.

Once when my baby was screaming in Target i sat down in the toy aisle and nursed him. I did have a little recieving blanket tossed over us but hey he was hungry and no way in hell was i gonna nurse him in the Target bathroom. Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!

Last edited:
Guitarist...look under Royal Blue's statements. You will find that comment in there
wink.png

Anyone can talk about anything on this forum except for PETA or selling sex, or gamebird fighting. The mods can monitor this forum and they will inform us if we are getting out of line or way off topic.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
For effect? Absolutely!

Cause: Baby hungry; baby cries

Effect: Baby gets feds; baby stops being hungry and crying

I am discreet and incredibly modest, but I would breastfeed where ever and whenever my child(ren) needed to eat, but I very rarely fed them in the bathroom. I definitely wasn't trying to accomplish anything other than feed my child. I definitely wasn't trying to attract a man.
hu.gif

I'm a woman, but it excites me when I see a woman breastfeeding. NO! Not like that! In a, I hardly ever see it way! I am always sure to go up and give them kudos, too!

Last edited:
Oh... LOL Now I see it
wink.png
Ok... I'm back on track...... if one can even claim that in this thread!
gig.gif
gig.gif

I feel somewhat responsible for some of it..... I made the comment of "God-given" .... I should have used other phrasing. I don't subscribe to religion.... but unfortunately that phrase has been planted into my head right along-side Natural
tongue.png
I should have worded it differently....as I don't feel God or religion has anything to do with a woman breast-feeding her baby.

Also...... I agree on both points that the "boys will be boys" attitude is lacking in much self-responsibility and that women should take others into consideration while nursing in public... and I think they do. Pretty much everyone has agreed that if they nurse in public, they do it discretely and tactfully.

Last edited:
Quote:
Chick, it's not a problem at all. People are going to do what people are going to do. I see offensive things on a daily basis and I deal with it like an adult. Where's the problem?

We are all describing how we feel when we are confronted with certain situations. Some of us are offended by something a little more easily than others and when I said it is "my problem" what I really meant to say is that "I find it offensive." IMO, it doesn't really turn into a *Problem* for anyone until someone starts getting harrassed or assaulted over it. LOL (Then you got yourself a Problem!)

I was simply saying what I don't like to see. I'm not sure how the fact that you've never seen something is relevant to how I feel about the things *I* have seen (or the extreme manner in which I choose to describe them).

Umm.. I guess it's cool that you're alright with looking at other peoples boobs. I don't care for it. (And I'm very tactful in pretending I don't notice.)

Cassandra

Kudos to 1acrefarm...

Seriously, I'm also a very conservative male and also have never been offended or "turned on" by a woman breastfeeding.

It sounds like it offends woman a hundred times more than men even think about it. It's basically a non issue for this man.

Just my 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom