Breathing difficulties

angela27

Chirping
Oct 26, 2016
Laidley
I have a little gosling who has developed some difficulty breathing. She often makes a whistling sound as she breathes, and you can see the skin pulling in just below her neck every time she inhaled. She is breathing quite fast, open beaked. At times she’ll give her head a bit of a shake and droplets of ‘water’ will come out. Despite this she’s still moving around a lot and eating and drinking quite enthusiasticly. Droppings are normal. I’ve put some oxymav b in her water hoping it might help. Does anyone know what could be causing it and what’s the best action to take? I have no experience with geese, only chickens

What is oxyacetylene b? @casportpony k ow a lot about meds. Where is your gosling being kept? Is her bedding dry? Mold spores and other problems can cause respiratory problems. Ammonia build up can cause Apergillois ( brooder Pneumonia ) is a vet an option?

Thank you all for taking the time to reply I’d been stressing so much about her. She improved considerably after 2 days on the oxymav, and after another dose on day 3 she’s now back to her normal self again!

CC3E0E67-FB4C-4D5F-9F7F-8F32C04D3D10.jpeg
She (I call her a she, but I’m not at all certain on that yet ) Is the most divine little thing, I have completely fallen in love with her! I never thought of owning a goose but I was given her to care for after someone found her being attacked by magpies. She was looking a lot worse for wear in the early days, and was coming good when she developed the breathing difficulties. So relieved that she’s come through! I feel that she is going to become one very spoilt little goose!

Attachments

• EF3AAC17-4ED9-410C-85E1-32E43EA6ACF3.jpeg
    EF3AAC17-4ED9-410C-85E1-32E43EA6ACF3.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 1
She is adorable! They really are such sweet things when babies. Make sure to give the meds for the full run because sometimes we stop too soon and what ever was going on can come back. And a probiotic would be good too since Antibiotics can kill good and bad bacteria and the probiotics will put the good back.

She is adorable! They really are such sweet things when babies. Make sure to give the meds for the full run because sometimes we stop too soon and what ever was going on can come back. And a probiotic would be good too since Antibiotics can kill good and bad bacteria and the probiotics will put the good back.
Thanks so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom