Breathing Problem...Anyone else have it?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I've read of lots of other people on the internet that also have it. It doesn't have a name. I have been to the doctors many times and they have no clue what it is. Ok, so here is the problem. Its kinda hard to explain, but will try my best. Like when I breath, It doesn't feel like it goes all the down to the lungs. Almost like it stops half way. like I don't get the satisfying feeling when I take a breath. And when I do finally get the satisfying feeling, I have to keep trying and trying and trying before I get it again. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes! Its gotten better for me though..
But thats exactly how i feel sometimes... like i cant get a breath all the way into my lungs...
I just think its cause i'm fat though....

Sometimes. I am allergic to soy. Enflames every membrane in my body. Too much and is like Brochitis but i cough up soy oil. Could be the same if accompanied by heartburn and/or digestion troubles.

Yes! I thought I was imagining it! For me, it's an anxiety thing. When I start thinking about how I breathe, I can't do it! just don't think about it...let the involuntary muscles do their job.

Quote:
Thats how mine is! When i am thinking about it I can't breath, but when I'm not thinking about it it doesn't affect me.

Last edited:
I have that problem.

I have a rare rare lung diease that fills my lungs up with a plastic like substance. So I really do take short breathes.

I also have heart problems and a pace maker. Which heat messes with for some reason. If I take really hot showers or get in a hot tub, or stay out too long in the heat. It messes with my heart rate, and makes me chest feel really heavy and breathing hard just like you described. I also can get light headed, or pass out. Not only heat but lots of activity, excitment, laughing, anything really can trigger it.

It's not a good feeling. When you can't breath your body naturally starts panicing, and makes it worse.

Sometimes when my lungs were full I would cough so much and have no air that I would get sick, and choke, turn blue, which made me panic. After I calmed myself down, and could breath again I would cry. Many times I worried that I would be home alone and suffocate myself.

I am under 21.

I feel for you. There is nothing really to help breathing. Especially in my case. You just have to get through it. Inhalors can help sometimes. But for what you are describing probably not.

Yesterday I went swimming in a warm pool. And I got that unsatisfying breathing feeling. It wasn't fun. It also makes you tired, and weak.

I praise God I am still here though. Even if I struggle sometimes.

I always have time for a chat about breathing problems. lol. Thats one thing I have my fair share of experience about.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom