Breda cross

David8844

Hatching
Mar 4, 2019
I'm interested in breeding the Breda combless trait into a more traditional breed like Rhode island reds. I was wondering if anyone has done this already. The Breda comes with a lot of unique traits I don't want like vulture hocks. If someone has already bred the combless trait into a more traditional breed it would save me a lot of time and effort.
Also, does any one know if there are other side affects that come with the combless gene, like reduced fertility?

I'm interested in breeding the Breda combless trait into a more traditional breed like Rhode island reds. I was wondering if anyone has done this already. The Breda comes with a lot of unique traits I don't want like vulture hocks. If someone has already bred the combless trait into a more traditional breed it would save me a lot of time and effort.
Also, does any one know if there are other side affects that come with the combless gene, like reduced fertility?
That is going to be a very long journey, but for smaller comb type RIR, I would suggest breeding Buckeyes istead or try to indroduce the cushion comb of the Chantecler instead(both dominant traits, instead of the breda type which is recessive)

The Breda comb gene is pleiotropic with cavernous nostrils, which is comb-size reducing. I would plan on having the cavernous nostrils on your birds. The Breda comb is unique but is like a modified Dv (duplexing) allele. It is recessive, even to a single comb, which together produces a pea comb. Yes it will take a lot of work. Not aware of any negative effects like reduced fertility.

The Breda comb gene is pleiotropic with cavernous nostrils, which is comb-size reducing. I would plan on having the cavernous nostrils on your birds. The Breda comb is unique but is like a modified Dv (duplexing) allele. It is recessive, even to a single comb, which together produces a pea comb. Yes it will take a lot of work. Not aware of any negative effects like reduced fertility.
So if you did a cross with a single combed bird what would be the process of getting a combless?

Back
Top Bottom