Breed, age, and gender

Mrs.Johnson

Songster
6 Years
Jul 25, 2017
Northwest Florida
Hello,

I love this forum! You guys are so nice and there is such a wealth of knowledge on here. I read/search the forum often. I bought some chicks and baby duck from tractor supply to add to my existing flock. I don't know the ages of my new brood and i know the gender and breed of some of them, but i wanted to check what i know and gain some new info on them.
Picture 1-3 the breed should be Leghorn and they should be pullets. I don't know their ages
Picture 4 I don't know anything about him
Picture 5 (we call them the roadrunners) should be pullets but I cant remember what breed they are and don't know how old he is.
Picture 6 the ducks...I think they are Pekin and I don't know age or gender.
If you need better pictures just let me know and I will snap more.

Thank you for your help.
20180321_123350[1].jpg 20180321_123353[1].jpg 20180321_123401[1].jpg 20180321_123425[1].jpg 20180321_123428[1].jpg 20180321_123441[1].jpg

First three pics - Cornish Cross, sex really doesn't matter as they are going to need butchered in a few weeks anyhow.
Fourth pic - likely an Old English Game bantam, few weeks old, to young to sex
Fifth pic - Red Sexlink pullets, 4-5 weeks old
Sixth pic - Most likely Pekins, few weeks old, much to young to sex "wait until around 5 months old, drakes have a raspy quack/ ducks are louder"

1. Cornish X
2. Cornish X
3. Cornish X
4. Something Cornish? Looks meaty.
5. Red Sex Links

I'm sorry you got Cornish X instead of Leghorns. They will need to be butchered around 8 weeks old, or they will get too big for their legs, and will be miserable. 2 look Like cockerels.

Hi!

I bought 3 chicks that I assume are about the same age. I was wondering how old that is though... I was thinking they are about 3-4 weeks? They are Ameracuna bantom hens supposedly. I think this one may be me because it’s slightly bigger, seems to act different than the others and it has a slightly bigger and now slightly pink comb. Any ideas on age? Gender or too soon?

Looks to be about 5 weeks in age. Not an Ameraucana though, pattern and leg color is wrong for the breed. To young to sex at this age. Post pictures around 8-10 weeks.

Oh my! That isn't good news at all :mad::(. I didn't purchase these chickens to eat. I eat chicken, but none that I have known personally nor that I have raised. They where supposed to leghorns and pullets at that (that's why I got 4) that is also what the tag above them said. I thought one of them was looking suspiciously roo like a few days ago when I was caring and TRYING to befriend them. Its crazy how they can see me everyday 3+ times a day run, to meet me at the coop door and when I come into the coop than they act like I'm going to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom