breed, age?

whychickens2

Chirping
Sep 20, 2016
florida
Hi! I bought these two from a guy in town they were thought to be 8-10wks old back in july. I was told they were black americana (sp?) But im starting to think they are a mix? How old do you think they are and do you think they are a mix?
[/IMG][/IMG]

Yea the two black ones in the 3rd pic are from the same mommy. I was trying to get a pic where the whole bird could be seen but the sun wasnt helping. They just arnt filling out like i thought they would. They have bluish black legs so who knows.

I have heard that if they are spelled Americana, they are really Easter Eggers, which are pretty much birds with Araucana or Ameruacana in their background and usually have beards, muffs and pea combs( but not always) and tend to lay blue or green eggs. Your birds look good!

I have heard that if they are spelled Americana, they are really Easter Eggers, which are pretty much birds with Araucana or Ameruacana in their background and usually have beards, muffs and pea combs( but not always) and tend to lay blue or green eggs. Your birds look good!

Thank you! Im new to all of this and I cannot wait until they lay eggs :) its been super fun raising these little ones!

They could be Ameraucana, it's hard to tell from the pic and until/unless they lay eggs.

They do look a bit young, and in the last pic the black bird in back looks like a cockerel.

do you have pics of when you first got them? That may help us age them better. And when in July?

Back
Top Bottom