Vastly different EE, unknown age/gender. Confused.

JOz24

In the Brooder
Nov 4, 2023
I have an Easter egger pullet, nearly old enough to start laying. I got 2 more EE chicks and an Americana because I love the fluffy cheeks! These EE chicks do not have the cheeks, but they’re all wildly different! I can’t tell who is what, or if I accidentally got a cockerel. I’m assuming they are another blue egg layer cross. All were obtained from Rural King as the older $1 chicks on 10/19 and sexed as female. Either they’re all different mixes, or I have a cockerel. My only chicken with a single comb just started developing hers at 19 weeks so I’m not familiar with how big these should be at this age, whatever this age is.

There is a dark Americana that is bigger than the EE, an EE with a Mohawk and an EE with the bigger single comb. I really hope the Mohawk one is a pullet. The dark Americana is a bully and squabbles with the big comb EE, but looks like a pullet so far. I may just be assuming the big comb EE is a rooster because I assume both EE chicks were related since they were in the same bin. I have no idea though.

Any ideas of age/gender/breed crosses? I have included pics from when I got them and now. I tried to include pics of the combs straight on. They weren’t the most cooperative. Thanks in advance for your help! 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpeg
    IMG_0463.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0694.jpeg
    IMG_0694.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0700.jpeg
    IMG_0700.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0728.jpeg
    IMG_0728.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0695.jpeg
    IMG_0695.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0665.jpeg
    IMG_0665.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0664.jpeg
    IMG_0664.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 37
Easter Egger chickens are not a true breed, so they can look differently. I had 3 EE, that looked very similar as chicks. When they grew to full chicken size,, each looked different. And each layed a different color/shade of egg.
You have a Beautiful lovely assortment there. :love Another thing to consider,,, Since these were Clearance Specials,, Rural King could have thrown in some stray breeds into those bins.
I would have snapped them up in no time flat,, at that price.:yesss:

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

Easter Egger chickens are not a true breed, so they can look differently. I had 3 EE, that looked very similar as chicks. When they grew to full chicken size,, each looked different. And each layed a different color/shade of egg.
You have a Beautiful lovely assortment there. :love Another thing to consider,,, Since these were Clearance Specials,, Rural King could have thrown in some stray breeds into those bins.
I would have snapped them up in no time flat,, at that price.:yesss:

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
I certainly didn’t need more chicks, but I definitely felt the need for these $1 chicks 😂 I love the variety and I’m happy they don’t all have the same muffs like I originally hoped. I just want to be able to keep them all.

Americana IS and easter egger...Ameraucana is not. Ameraucana do not have yellow legs.
I’m aware. Thanks for your non-helpful comment. Never once did I say I had an “Ameraucana”. Americanas are made from Ameraucanas. Not all Easter egger are from those lines. The new ones from Hoovers are crested cream legbar line EE.

I’m aware. Thanks for your non-helpful comment. Never once did I say I had an “Ameraucana”. Americanas are made from Ameraucanas. Not all Easter egger are from those lines. The new ones from Hoovers are crested cream legbar line EE.
you are very welcome. you non-helpful reply is appreciated as well

Back
Top Bottom