Breed and gender question

Jubilee chicks are yellow when they hatch. I've been raising Jubilees for 4 years now and mine are show quality. I sell day old chicks for $10 each and hatching eggs for $40 a dozen. Its more of a what you can get in your area than what they're worth kinda deal.

Thanks everyone!
I have a couple of breeds I sell and my nitch is the back yard fun chicken flocks and some back yard breeder hobbyists.
I was thinking $4 an egg and $10 for chick. That's what I sell my Cream Legbars for.
We'll see. I actually sold these to my brother-in-law when they were chicks and he doesn't want roosters. I'm trying to convince him to keep the rooster and I'll sell eggs/chicks for him. If you think I should lower price for future eggs/chicks then I'd probably rehome the rooster.

Yea I would not pay that price for a hatchery bird. That is just knowingly ripping someone off which is what the hatcheries do selling at that price since they only care about money and not the quality. It does depend a lot on quality of the stock and the breed not what they can pull in your area.

Here is an updated picture of the pair! They feathered out much better and I love her tail so far.com

Back
Top Bottom