1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breed and gender...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Smoochie, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Smoochie

Smoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    Husband came home with some crows... I mean chickens! Sorry not best pic as my IPad died when I finally coaxed them with an apple. Went back outside when it charged but they hid in the bushes. They are young... One is for sure a silver hamburg (pullet or cockerel?) and the other black ones are either crows or black hamburgs? Girls? Possibly Sumatras? I will try to take better pics later. Pretty sure there from McMurray around spring time.

[=http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/2/21/21b8e49f_image.jpeg][/]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also is the Japanese Bantam a roo? It is about 12 - 16 weeks old and it's mom is the black and white one. His sister is the yellow one.

[=http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/8/8c/8c2106a0_image.jpeg][/]

[​IMG]

THANKS!!!:D

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Smoochie

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    I think they came from Murray. The black have zero comb and they are from the same litter... Around 12 weeks-16 weeks..

The Japanese came from a breeder..

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    tha jap is a boy the crows are not sumtras

4. Smoochie

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    Thank-you! I bought some chicken scratch and will get some better pics of the newbies. I knew that the Jap was probably a boy but he just didn't act like his obnoxious brother's.

5. Smoochie

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    Was able to get closer... They are more brave than my Japanese. Breed / Gender's?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    Look like maybe game mixed, and I think both of the black are pullets...the hamburg looks like a cockerel..

7. De

De Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    Quote:

8. chickenlover89

chickenlover89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by