Breed? Any idea?

My EEs didn't start laying until close to 10 months. So, you may still have awhile to wait.
Oh wow!! That’s crazy. My old flock started around 5 months but they were different breeds. We just started a new flock a few months ago and have blue australorps, buff orphingtons, barred rocks, black sex links, light and dark brahamas and Reba (haha). My roo is from a neighbor and then my dark brahama is a roo. My 4 chicks (4weeks) are blue wing red laced wyandottes and a BCM (a roo). Loving my new flock. Pics of my girls and boys ❤️

Attachments

• 6085A9BE-6FA0-417E-83FB-BBEE06B46818.jpeg
    6085A9BE-6FA0-417E-83FB-BBEE06B46818.jpeg
    742.6 KB · Views: 1
  • D7A89F1F-94EE-4AA1-8CC9-92FBD4A633B2.jpeg
    D7A89F1F-94EE-4AA1-8CC9-92FBD4A633B2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • A9FDA9F1-4997-4E9C-85B9-A9161635142F.jpeg
    A9FDA9F1-4997-4E9C-85B9-A9161635142F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Oh wow!! That’s crazy. My old flock started around 5 months but they were different breeds. We just started a new flock a few months ago and have blue australorps, buff orphingtons, barred rocks, black sex links, light and dark brahamas and Reba (haha). My roo is from a neighbor and then my dark brahama is a roo. My 4 chicks (4weeks) are blue wing red laced wyandottes and a BCM (a roo). Loving my new flock. Pics of my girls and boys ❤️
He's a pretty EE, or EE mix boy.

He'll probably warm up to you more as a result, or possibly stay a shy boy.
As long as he doesn’t become a jerk, he can do either haha. I’ll have to get more hens for the other two roos bc I want to keep them too. My dark brahama roo follows us everywhere and loves to be held. My 4 week old bcm is the same and is feisty and will square up to all the big birds (we don’t let them mingle yet but they are in the coop and run together in separate enclosures.

As long as he doesn’t become a jerk, he can do either haha. I’ll have to get more hens for the other two roos bc I want to keep them too. My dark brahama roo follows us everywhere and loves to be held. My 4 week old bcm is the same and is feisty and will square up to all the big birds (we don’t let them mingle yet but they are in the coop and run together in separate enclosures.
4 weeks is definitely still quite young, so it's definitely a good idea to keep them away from the big birds.

Back
Top Bottom