Breed confusion...?

When my gander was alive his favorite treat in winter was whole corn and he was Embden [solid white] and he never had yellow feathers so I am not even sure if that is true about the corn.
Either way, if my Bud-Bud is just naturally a yellow tint or not as long as he is clearly healthy I don't mind much to be honest! And from what you guys have said it seems he's healthy so I'm happy with that and I will probably give my ducks corn more often again but I stopped as they eat it to fast and it comes right back up... All over me... 🤣

Is there corn in his feed?
Anyway, it's nothing to worry about either way.
Nope, my ducks are on an all natural diet so pretty much a load of veggies (No corn though as I normally just give them greens) and a few other things in there that are picked to fit a good diet. Though the pekins will be going to pellets as they wont eat the normal food I give my ducks which is why they are a little underweight.... Though I'm unsure where to buy pallets, any suggestions..?

You have them on organic feed? you are saying natural diet. will you explain?
Pretty much I make their food my self, put some greens in a blender so then it is smaller (not fully blended ofc) and then add some cat food or mealworms and give them that, I believe we also give them some powder in their food to help make sure they get no leg problems and stuff like that. If you believe maybe this isn't healthy then do say so as they've been on this since they hatched and seem fine to me just their poo's are often runny but I am still new to owning ducks so I could be wrong.

They really need to be on a feed that has all the nutrients that will get give them all the vitamins and nutrients they need. What your giving them would be considered a treat. Maybe that is why your one duck is small for his size. Many online videos in making homemade feed but it take a lot more ingredients than you are using.

They really need to be on a feed that has all the nutrients that will get give them all the vitamins and nutrients they need. What your giving them would be considered a treat. Maybe that is why your one duck is small for his size. Many online videos in making homemade feed but it take a lot more ingredients than you are using.
Ah I see, I give them what my mum tells me to give them... But what else am I missing in their diet? I could try get it maybe.

@BelovedBirds is in the UK she can probably help you with the best feed over there.
I would prefer to leave Buddy and Duckington on a diet like they are now (with the added stuff I'm missing) and put the Pekins, Crumble and Mayo just on a normal feed that is popular/good as they don't seem to like the homemade food... If she doesn't know about homemade food I'll just look for a threat about it or make one if needed but I'd assume she defo will know about normal feed for the Pekins. :)

Back
Top Bottom