Breed for personality?

I notice this too. I've hatched one chick and her mama was a you know what. Her dad was a sweetie and she's even sweeter than him. My roosters personality is consistent, though. The hens are very inconsistent in their attitudes
That may explain why every person I have come across that actually has a companion chicken has a roo. Even the my Mille Defluer I am considering turning into a companion chicken is a little roo.

That may explain why every person I have come across that actually has a companion chicken has a roo. Even the my Mille Defluer I am considering turning into a companion chicken is a little roo.
My d'Uccles were the ones with the nice dad. Consistent results. Even cockerels I never tamed down ended up being companion animals.

My d'Uccles were the ones with the nice dad. Consistent results. Even cockerels I never tamed down ended up being companion animals.
Good to know. Thank you. Actually though companionship isn't the route I am thinking of trying for. Ugg I want to say so bad but others see probably much more prepared than I and could totally do it before I get a chance..

Back
Top Bottom