Breed for unusual eggs?

SueSebastopol

Songster
Jul 9, 2015
Sebastopol, Ca
One of my hens has been laying some very unusual eggs. I have 60 chickens and I don't know which hen is laying them, but she has been laying these eggs consistently 5 to 6 a week for the last 3+ years. They are large to extra large and all look like the pictures. I'm hoping someone will be curious enough to try and produce some of these eggs. This year I realized (duh) I should hatch some to see if the hen will pass on the egg patterns. I tried to hatch the two in the picture but only the bottom one hatched on 8/7/19 and it was a rooster. His father is a nice BCM so if he is able to pass on the egg pattern, the eggs will be darker. I have to re-home him since I only have room for one rooster. My vet said she thinks the pattern is the result of the hen's gland issues but did say since the egg laying has been so consistent it might be possible to be passed on. Anyone want to give this baby rooster a home and see if he will pass on his mom's egg patterns? I live in California, hour north of San Francisco, and I'll deliver him within a reasonable distance (hour driving). Here is a picture of him today. Let me know asap, because he has started to crow and I need to find him a new home soon. Thanks, Sue

Attachments

• Eggs.JPG
    Eggs.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 20
  • UnusaulEggRoo.JPG
    UnusaulEggRoo.JPG
    563.2 KB · Views: 19
I have a chicken ho does this kind of eggs(not the same pattern that your has) but very unusual and all of her chicks(girls) don't make the shape that she has on the eggs just some point on the eggs.But you can try maybe you have more luck than me

Last edited:
I have a chicken ho does this kind of eggs(not the same pattern that your has) but very unusual and all of her chicks from her(girls) don't make the shape that she has on the eggs just some point on the eggs.But you can try maybe you have more luck than me
I think the probability is low, but worth a chance just in case!

Back
Top Bottom