Breed & gender questions

gardenpartyy

In the Brooder
May 18, 2016
TN
Alright guys, I'm back again with questions regarding the same chick chicks, but they're older and I have better pictures. I'd definitely like opinions on the genders of all of them, but there are a few that I'd like to know the breeds.

1.) This is Bootsie. I know it's a bantam (the tiniest one I've ever seen). It hides underneath the other chickens in the box and hates me. Breed/gender?

2.) This is Foghorn. I'm fairly certain it's a Brown Leghorn (hence the name..). I thought it was a girl, but it's tail feathers stick out a bit, so I'm thinking it may be a boy. Gender?

3.)This is my grumpy Silkie. It glares at me and hates being handled. Gender?

4.) This is Easter Egg. It's very adventurous and likes to sit on the top edge of the box and chill out (and is apparently an amateur chicken model...
gig.gif
). I'm really hoping it's a girl. Gender?

5.)This is Baba, the abnormally large blind chick chick that does this weird 'turtle' thing with it's head. It's trying to figure out whats going on in the bottom picture.. Breed/gender?

Last edited:
Still a bit early to tell gender, but so far none scream cockerel...

1 looks like it might be a partridge bantam Cochin... 2, 4, & 5 are Easter Eggers, possible pullets... and way too early to tell with a Silkie, those are hardest to sex...

Back
Top Bottom