Breed guess game!

Correct. How'd you know?
She don't look part Mille Fleur D'uccle. Color suggests a Black parent, & a White parent.
Her color is paint, like this girl of mine.
20231011_133610.jpg

Well I had 6 of those white mixes and it took forever to figure out what they were. The other time I crossed a Silkie and a D'uccle the chicks were both black and one had gold lacing on her cape.

Well I had 6 of those white mixes and it took forever to figure out what they were. The other time I crossed a Silkie and a D'uccle the chicks were both black and one had gold lacing on her cape.
What white birds do you have, that could be possible mothers?

Genetics is one thing, I love. Also love learning it, & teaching others.

Black over gold produces either solid blacks, or blacks with leakage like you described.

Correct. How'd you know?
I once stumbled upon a thread that was someone asking if anybody had ever crossed a Silkie with a Millie Fleur D'Uccle. Several of the people who replied had a black silkie x a Millie Fleur D'Uccle, and most of them looked like yours (paint). I didn't really know if that was true, since you normally get a paint from White x Black.
Others had some of the same mix with a little more black, or completely black.
So it crossed my mind when I saw her.
I've never owned any bantams, so I haven't been able to test this crossing, but I'm hoping to get some soon.
To me her face somewhat looks like a Millie Fleur D'Uccle, and her shape is somewhat Millie Fleur D'Uccle, but both are somewhat.
She looks smaller too.

Back
Top Bottom