Breed Guesses??

Tam78

Chirping
Feb 13, 2021
Oklahoma
20210228_164429.jpg
Any guesses on breeds? My daughter thinks the one one the left is Blue Swedish and the other a Cayuga.

Do you have another photo? It is hard to tell the coloring exactly. At the moment the left one looks like a chocolate runner, but that could be the lighting.

I'm thinking Cayuga and buff or khaki. There was a buff mother duck at our lake who had a few ducklings that were that lighter yellow color and they turned out to be full buff or buff hybrids. Both could be mixes. The duck in my avatar was originally dark like that, but now she looks more like a mallard. The avatar is her awkward teenage feathering.

Now that I think about it, I knew another mother buff who had a duckling that lighter color and he/she was a mix, too.

You may want to think twice about letting them imprint on you. If they imprint is strong its adorable but when they are a little older it can be a problem as your going to want to go to work or sleep and they will be upset if you leave them out. I feel like nobody mentions that to new duck owners.

Back
Top Bottom