Breed help, please!

Tulips08

Chirping
May 6, 2019
Northern NJ
I just got an order from a hatchery. I ordered 8 pullets, they sent me 10 chicks (two surprises!). I can identify a few of them of them, but I need help with most of them.

Chicks I ordered that have not been identified: 1 crested cream legbar, 2 light brahmas, 1 australorp, and then (bonus!) two mystery chicks that I didn't order.

Chick 1: (I'm guessing legbar)
IMG_3017.jpeg IMG_3018.jpeg

Chick 2:
IMG_3035.jpeg IMG_3036.jpeg

Chick 3:
IMG_3039.jpeg IMG_3040.jpeg

Chick 4:
IMG_3042.jpeg IMG_3043.jpeg

Chick 5:

IMG_3046.jpeg

Chick 6:
IMG_3027 2.jpeg IMG_3028.jpeg

I honestly know very little but thought I’d chime in as the chicks are too cute. I have a Brahma and they have feathered feet if that helps. Awesome breed - so gentle and goofy.... and huge.

X3 on the breeds. Pretty lucky if that's a blue laced red wyandotte as a freeby and everyone can use an extra brahma.

But mainly just wanted to say you have good taste in breeds and your legbar chick, #6, is adorable. Such great birds.

X3 on the breeds. Pretty lucky if that's a blue laced red wyandotte as a freeby and everyone can use an extra brahma.

But mainly just wanted to say you have good taste in breeds and your legbar chick, #6, is adorable. Such great birds.

Thank you! I placed the order specifically for the light brahmas and I've always wanted a blue laced red wyandotte so I'm pretty excited with my freebies! If they're both girls, I'm going to have to go buy a lottery ticket or something.

I'm excited about our legbar too- she is SO CUTE!

So is the muffing from a cross somewhere along the line? Will my adult have poofy cheeks? I don't care either way, these are backyard birds, not show flock, I just find chicken genetics interesting. :)
Well it’s making me wonder if it’s an EE. But the adult bird will have muffs and the babies might too (if you breed her)

Back
Top Bottom