Breed help!!

Cross B Hens N Heifers

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 22, 2014
Broken Arrow OK
So got this new chick. Told it was an Ameracuana by one friend, but not sure because it doesn't have green legs. Can y'all help or have suggestions.

I too don't think it is an Ameraucana...wrong color of markings for an Ameraucana chick. There are only 8 accepted colors.
http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

I am also doubting it is an Easter Egger. While they can look like almost anything, truly to be an Easter Egger they should have significant Ameraucana blood in them which typically gives them green legs, a pea comb, and a muff/beard. (Although not always).

I'm seeing fluff but not what looks like a beard and muff...although it could be photo angle.

Also, is that a pea comb or single? I can't see in the photos well enough.

If that is a single comb, it might just be a Partridge Rock, although again Easter Eggers can look like almost anything as they are hybrids (mutts) and there is no standard.

Cute chick no matter what it is.

Lady of McCamley

I too don't think it is an Ameraucana...wrong color of markings for an Ameraucana chick. There are only 8 accepted colors.
http://www.ameraucana.org/scrapbook.html

I am also doubting it is an Easter Egger. While they can look like almost anything, truly to be an Easter Egger they should have significant Ameraucana blood in them which typically gives them green legs, a pea comb, and a muff/beard. (Although not always).

I'm seeing fluff but not what looks like a beard and muff...although it could be photo angle.

Also, is that a pea comb or single? I can't see in the photos well enough. 

If that is a single comb, it might just be a Partridge Rock, although again Easter Eggers can look like almost anything as they are hybrids (mutts) and there is no standard.

Cute chick no matter what it is.

Lady of McCamley

X2, I don't think she's an Easter Egger either. Also, knowing the type of comb would be very useful as well. She looks like a Partridge Rock to me (but that also depends on the comb), here's a picture:

Back
Top Bottom