1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breed ID needed.. please help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bocephus87, Oct 21, 2009.

1. bocephus87

bocephus87 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2009
    hey yall, I am new here and also new to keeping chickens, so far I have found lots of helpful info on here and would like to thank you. I have just gotten myself a pair of hens and already love them. Unfortunatly the person i got them from was unable to tell me the breed. Heres a pic I found online that looks very much like them although mine are a little smaller and have more black feathers. I was told they are about 4 months old .. any help is greatly appreciated.. I will post pics of my hens when I get out of school tonight.
    [​IMG]
    thank you
    - Dan

2. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    Well, the pics are of Easter Eggers. How do your birds look similar? Do they have a little beard?

3. ilroost

ilroost Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2007
    weldon il.
    see if they have black legs, if so they are easter eggers

4. bocephus87

Oct 21, 2009
    thank you for the responses, I guess that pic I posted wasnt very accurate.

Heres a pic I took of my birds. its not the best shot but here they are in there temperary hideout untill i putt the finishing touches on there coop.

yes they do have black legs, but more of a lead color.

[​IMG]

thanks agian - Dan

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Those have single combs, so not likely EEs. Can you get a pic of them standing?

6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Easter Eggers can have any color legs - usually willow/green/slate/black, but they can be yellow/pink/white/ect

Edit: Not meaning to hijack your thread [​IMG] I agree, I think we need better pictures of them standing and their full body.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  7. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    OP your 2 chickens are boys no hens

8. obe10

obe10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    it appears to be 1 roo 1 hen to, no clue on the breed though maybe OEGBs?

9. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    No beards on those...

Could they be a mixed breed? Who was the guy that you got them from? ( Or what did his birds look like is what I mean..)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  10. bocephus87

Oct 21, 2009
    thank you all for the responses, If they are roos im deffinatly feelin a little bummed that i was lied to, I suppose i should have gone to a more reputable source here are a few more pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by