Breed ID

EEs are like the beef boosters in the cow world. Selectively crossbred to express certain traits as desired, but don’t breed true. :)

That being said, I agree they are not ameracaunas. You have 3 different comb types in those 3 boys, and very different body shapes/conformation. The only thing they have in common is colouring. And the one fella in the middle has feathered legs?
Yes! Two f the remaining four have feathered legs!
these four basically run the coop!

It doesn't really matter anymore. They are basically a breed.

85a74ea0a0c8a3251e73fb92a74a0d20.gif

No, certainly not. Easter Eggers are not a breed. Nor will they ever be a breed. They are an amalgamation of APA recognized breeds that usually inherit a colored egg gene from one or both parents.

They could also be a Salmon Faverolle roo.

6af3868991c2e488ee2c765e52c5ec4c.gif

Definitely, not.

The roosters in the photo are straight up mixes. I would imagine there is some Marans in there. But I can also see Brahma and potentially a muffed/bearded Easter Egger. What color eggs are the hens laying? Judging by the males I'd say brown.

View attachment 2490893

No, certainly not. Easter Eggers are not a breed. Nor will they ever be a breed. They are an amalgamation of APA recognized breeds that usually inherit a colored egg gene from one or both parents.

View attachment 2490919

Definitely, not.

The roosters in the photo are straight up mixes. I would imagine there is some Marans in there. But I can also see Brahma and potentially a muffed/bearded Easter Egger. What color eggs are the hens laying? Judging by the males I'd say brown.
Lol, okay?

View attachment 2490893

View attachment 2490919

Definitely, not.

Every part of that was perfect.

Lol, okay?

No, not lol okay. This forum is a place for people to learn and impart knowledge when they can. It isn't funny to give incorrect information in a public forum where individuals who don't know any better will take what they read and regurgitate it. That's why we have the whole EE debate to begin with since people seem to think that Easter Eggers are synonymous with Ameraucanas. As Thumper's mother said in Bambi, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all", perhaps the same should be said when one does not know what they are talking about. :)

Every part of that was perfect.

Thank you! :hugs

No, not lol okay. This forum is a place for people to learn and impart knowledge when they can. It isn't funny to give incorrect information in a public forum where individuals who don't know any better will take what they read and regurgitate it. That's why we have the whole EE debate to begin with since people seem to think that Easter Eggers are synonymous with Ameraucanas. As Thumper's mother said in Bambi, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all", perhaps the same should be said when one does not know what they are talking about. :)

Thank you! :hugs
Look, I'm trying to help this person out. I looked up a picture of Salmon Faverolle and it looked similar so I mentioned it. As for the EE I've labeled it as a breed because all of the hatcheries put it underneath "Our Breeds". The lady asked what we thought so I told her, nothing more.

Look, I'm trying to help this person out.

Is this helping? (See below...)

Really? That looks like a female to me.
I thought it looked like a normal orpingtons. :idunno

I looked up a picture of Salmon Faverolle and it looked similar so I mentioned it.

Please point out the bird that looks like this....

1610748182158.png

...in the picture the OP posted.

1610748101524.png

None of those birds have five toes, exhibit any Wheaten coloring, only one of the males has a single comb and he doesn't have leg-feathering.

As for the EE I've labeled it as a breed because all of the hatcheries put it underneath "Our Breeds".

Just because a hatchery does something, does not make it correct. I'd also be interested in what hatcheries are labeling their colored-egg laying mutts as Easter Eggers, as most of them label them incorrectly as Americanas.

And to be clear, I'm not saying don't help people, what I am saying is continue to learn and don't be so hasty to jump to conclusions or assume everything you read on the internet is correct. I've had birds for over half of my life, and I'm still learning. But I also have notebooks full of notes I wrote when I was fifteen before we had a printer at home to make it easier. So keep learning and help others when you can actually help them. :)

View attachment 2490954

View attachment 2490951

None of those birds have five toes, exhibit any Wheaten coloring, only one of the males has a single comb and he doesn't have leg-feathering.

Just because a hatchery does something, does not make it correct. I'd also be interested in what hatcheries are labeling their colored-egg laying mutts as Easter Eggers, as most of them label them incorrectly as Americanas.

And to be clear, I'm not saying don't help people, what I am saying is continue to learn and don't be so hasty to jump to conclusions or assume everything you read on the internet is correct. I've had birds for over half of my life, and I'm still learning. But I also have notebooks full of notes I wrote when I was fifteen before we had a printer at home to make it easier. So keep learning and help others when you can actually help them. :)
Perfect.
giphy.gif

View attachment 2490954

View attachment 2490951

Look, I would appreciate it if you didn't go through my responses and try to find every mistake I've ever made. If you don't want me posting I guess I'll just leave since I apparently don't know anything.

Look, I would appreciate it if you didn't go through my responses and try to find every mistake I've ever made. If you don't want me posting I guess I'll just leave since I apparently don't know anything.
I don't think that was what was meant. Maybe Colt was a little harsh, but if we don't want people to look at our faults we shouldn't point out theirs.
And there's always more to learn. :)

Back
Top Bottom