Breed ID

Look, I would appreciate it if you didn't go through my responses and try to find every mistake I've ever made. If you don't want me posting I guess I'll just leave since I apparently don't know anything.
Thank you. Yeah I just wanted to quit this site after that if people aren't keeping positive vibes.

We don't want you to leave.
we want you to learn a little more about things before you advise on them.
There's nothing wrong with trying to stay positive but if you are unwilling to accept and learn from deserved criticism at anything you do, you will never get better at things you love.
You'll always be mediocre at best and will grow up emotionally stunted and incapable at dealing with life.
I grew up with a girl who's parents praised every thing she did, no matter how it turned out, which parents should encourage their kids but this was to the point that now that she's an adult, she's never been able to hold a job long because whenever the least, little 'negativity' mentioned for areas she needs to improve on to do her job, she either blows up defensively, " you're picking on me, you're being mean, excuse me for living!" Or leaves the job due to 'toxic people'. She's been doing this for 4 years, and she's just now started to learn how to handle swallowing her pride and learn from mistakes instead of throwing accusations and quiting.
It's hard to learn later in life. We are all here to learn from ours and others mistakes. And a lot of people are wise here in the ways of chickens.
Learn from them.

Last edited:
But if I had more space and let the stacks of poultry books on my bedside table guide my mind I'd have 50 birds, I'm sure.
Oh...... wouldn't we all?

Ameraucanas, CCLB, Cochins, bantam cochins, Orps....., SS, Wyandotte, Faverolles, Brahmas, Silkies, Polish, Houdans, Dominiques, Marans, Frizzled bantam cochins, various EEs and other mutts, oh and I could just keep on dreaming.....:love

*sigh* If only space and money weren't such a burden.....

Ameraucanas, CCLB, Cochins, bantam cochins, Orps....., SS, Wyandotte, Faverolles, Brahmas, Silkies, Polish, Houdans, Dominiques, Marans, Frizzled bantam cochins, various EEs and other mutts, oh and I could just keep on dreaming.....:love

All I want is a piece o' land and chickens.

are you admitting to liking Orps!

We don't want you to leave.
we want you to learn a little more about things before you advise on them.
There's nothing wrong with trying to stay positive but if you are unwilling to accept and learn from deserved criticism at anything you do, you will never get better at things you love.
You'll always be mediocre at best and will grow up emotionally stunted and incapable at dealing with life.
I grew up with a girl who's parents praised every thing she did, no matter how it turned out, which parents should encourage their kids but this was to the point that now that she's an adult, she's never been able to hold a job long because whenever the least, little 'negativity' mentioned for areas she needs to improve on to do her job, she either blows up defensively, " you're picking on me, you're being mean, excuse me for living!" Or leaves the job due to 'toxic people'. She's been doing this for 4 years, and she's just now started to learn how to handle swallowing her pride and learn from mistakes instead of throwing accusations and quiting.
It's hard to learn later in life. We are all here to learn from ours and others mistakes. And a lot of people are wise here in the ways of chickens.
Learn from them.
Look, I'm not saying that WHATSOEVER. I just appreciate being talked to in a nice way and NOT having someone go through my account and read through all my mistakes.

Look, I'm not saying that WHATSOEVER. I just appreciate being talked to in a nice way and NOT having someone go through my account and read through all my mistakes.
That is true, that is unsettling and it wasn't exactly nice to do.
But you do have a habit of jumping the gun and giving advice that might not be true or helpful, even I've noticed it.
There's no harm in making mistakes or having them brought to your attention, unless you don't learn from them.
We all make mistakes and we need to accept them and do better but first, we need to be aware of them. That's the hard part because we're used to ourselves, we need others to say 'hey, you're always late and I can't depend on you when you're late.' It might bruise the Ol' Ego, but it's necessary to mature and improve yourself.
Sometimes we all have to eat crow.
We can all do better with a little humility.

Don't pout at me. Be open to learning.

Back
Top Bottom