Breed ID.

JDGreene

Songster
Oct 18, 2018
Tennessee
Well I bought some White Leghorn chicks at the farm store to go along with my hatch that didn't go too great. As the story goes, didn't get what I was supposed to have got. Can anyone help ID them?

I got two of these chicks. I think they are Buff Orpingtons since that is what was on the bin but also a Production Red is another option but I think those are more of a reddish color.
Unknown3.jpg Unknown4.jpg

Then I got 4 of these chicks which I was hoping they might be Pearl White Leghorns because of the peach legs and beak, but they are growing tail feathers already so that can't be right either.

The first pic also shows the White Leghorns that I hatched. One is older and the other is younger than the chick in question. The second pic also shows the other two questionable chicks.

Unknown1.jpg Unknown2.jpg

Well I bought some White Leghorn chicks at the farm store to go along with my hatch that didn't go too great. As the story goes, didn't get what I was supposed to have got. Can anyone help ID them?

I got two of these chicks. I think they are Buff Orpingtons since that is what was on the bin but also a Production Red is another option but I think those are more of a reddish color.
View attachment 2866766View attachment 2866767

Then I got 4 of these chicks which I was hoping they might be Pearl White Leghorns because of the peach legs and beak, but they are growing tail feathers already so that can't be right either.

The first pic also shows the White Leghorns that I hatched. One is older and the other is younger than the chick in question. The second pic also shows the other two questionable chicks.

View attachment 2866772View attachment 2866773
The first ones are Buff Orpingtons.

The white one appears to have pink legs, so not a Leghorn, or White Rock.

Thanks.

Any guesses on the white ones? So far I find either white chickens with yellow legs or grey legs? Can't find such a chicken with pink legs. Maybe they change to grey? Shouldn't be a barnyard mix since they came from Rural King.

Back
Top Bottom