Breed identification

ceedublu

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2020
Can anyone tell me what breed this duck might be? We recently adopted her along with a few others, and she's the only one I can't identify. She looks like an older Cayuga, maybe, that's started to go white?
IMG-1518.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-1518.jpg
    IMG-1518.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 0

Quatie

Crowing
Oct 16, 2020
Northern California
It depends on duck to duck. I read an article about it recently. Two one year old black runner siblings whitened different amounts. One was about a third to a quarter white and the other was barely white at all. They said it had something to do with damaged feathers. I am not entirely sure what they meant by that.

Duck mommy 2019

Crowing
Apr 1, 2019
It depends on duck to duck. I read an article about it recently. Two one year old black runner siblings whitened different amounts. One was about a third to a quarter white and the other was barely white at all. They said it had something to do with damaged feathers. I am not entirely sure what they meant by that.
overmated females will be more white

DuckMama 323

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
Can anyone tell me what breed this duck might be? We recently adopted her along with a few others, and she's the only one I can't identify. She looks like an older Cayuga, maybe, that's started to go white? View attachment 2439549
Cayuga go white with age but I have 2 males who are 8 years old and still totally black, I have a mixed 1/2 cayuga hen who looks a lot like this one though

Top Bottom