Breed identification

ceedublu

Chirping
Nov 22, 2020
Can anyone tell me what breed this duck might be? We recently adopted her along with a few others, and she's the only one I can't identify. She looks like an older Cayuga, maybe, that's started to go white?
IMG-1518.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-1518.jpg
    IMG-1518.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 0
It depends on duck to duck. I read an article about it recently. Two one year old black runner siblings whitened different amounts. One was about a third to a quarter white and the other was barely white at all. They said it had something to do with damaged feathers. I am not entirely sure what they meant by that.

It depends on duck to duck. I read an article about it recently. Two one year old black runner siblings whitened different amounts. One was about a third to a quarter white and the other was barely white at all. They said it had something to do with damaged feathers. I am not entirely sure what they meant by that.
overmated females will be more white

Can anyone tell me what breed this duck might be? We recently adopted her along with a few others, and she's the only one I can't identify. She looks like an older Cayuga, maybe, that's started to go white?View attachment 2439549
Cayuga go white with age but I have 2 males who are 8 years old and still totally black, I have a mixed 1/2 cayuga hen who looks a lot like this one though

Back
Top Bottom