Breed (mix) guesses?

LinzeeBrie

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
This lil lady hatched from a white egg. (a variety carton that I shockingly hatched in a tiny chinese cheapie incubator.). The eggs came from a free ranging farm with a wide variety of breeds. Just wondering if anybody has an opinion? I *thought* she had started (and stopped) laying before the days got super short, but now I'm thinking her comb and wattles are more red than I've ever seen them, and her pubic bone spacing is not quite two fingers). Basically I'm curious what she might be AND if there's still a chance she'll add a new colour to the egg basket 🤣🤣

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20210108100350323.jpg
received_3348637948597701.jpeg

Last edited:
While most silkie crosses have five toes, three of the ones that I hatched this last month had only 4 toes. 😊
Yup, I'm not saying she's not a silkie cross if she has less than five toes, but if she does have five toes I will be almost completely confident she is a silkie cross. My vote is still silkie cross with four toes.

If your little hen hatched from a white egg, only way she could possible lay a colored egg is if her father was a colored egg layer breed. Do you know what kind of roosters the farm you got the eggs from has? 😊

Back
Top Bottom