Breed (mix) guesses?

What color skin does she have? You can tell easiest by looking under the wings. It’ll help determine if mom or dad was the Silkie.
Can’t always tell by the leg colors due to extended black. Could be a dermal sex link.😊
Just white :)
IMG_20210108_131320.jpg

So that means her mother is most likely the Silkie which makes sense with coming from a white egg. Was the egg smaller than normal do you recall?
In that case based on her looks and the looks of her hatch mate I suspect her father may be a Marans 😊
Just slightly educated guess anyway.😂

He sure was looker.
He really was 😭😭 and by far the most tame/friendly. Also tough as nails, hatching out of a crazy thick/dark egg even though it was a POS incubator! We told the kids we could only keep one cockerel from this hatch, so they/we agonized and chose to keep Sylver the tiny silky, and cull Remi... Hardest choice ever. And two days later we lost Sylver to a predator 💔😭💔

He really was 😭😭 and by far the most tame/friendly. Also tough as nails, hatching out of a crazy thick/dark egg even though it was a POS incubator! We told the kids we could only keep one cockerel from this hatch, so they/we agonized and chose to keep Sylver the tiny silky, and cull Remi... Hardest choice ever. And two days later we lost Sylver to a predator 💔😭💔
Oh I am so so sorry. :hugs

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry. ❤:hugs

So that means her mother is most likely the Silkie which makes sense with coming from a white egg. Was the egg smaller than normal do you recall?
In that case based on her looks and the looks of her hatch mate I suspect her father may be a Marans 😊
Just slightly educated guess anyway.😂
Nope, not smaller as far as I can remember/tell:
Screenshot_20210108-132020.png
Screenshot_20210108-132029.png
Screenshot_20210108-132011.png

I'm still shocked and thrilled that I had such a good hatch in these things 🙈

Even my hubby still talks about Remi, and he usually cares exactly 0.1% about chickens.
It's amazing the way chickens make their way into our little hearts. I understand being heartbroken of over roosters, I had four Ameraucana roosters I will never forget. Unfortunately I only have space for one rooster. Hardest decision of my life. ❤

Back
Top Bottom