Breed of rooster

Gatesm451

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 12, 2012

Can anyone tell me the breed of this rooster? I was told that he was an ameraucana but I do not see his beard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

He is Large Fowl. To my knowledge he is about 9 or 10 months old. His legs are light gray to beige? Thanks for the quick help.

He's a beardless Easter Egger. Pea comb, green legs, and common male coloration for an EE. I'm pretty positive, especially if you were told he's an Ameraucana. Lots of folks mistake EEs for Ameraucanas, but they're not exactly the same. There are a lot of similarities, but they are EEs if they don't fit the breed standard.

Do you think that crossing him with my ameraucana hens might produce decent egg layers or should I get a true ameraucana rooster. I am not concerned with having a true breed if the egg laying capability is the same. Thanks again for the help

He's a beardless Easter Egger. Pea comb, green legs, and common male coloration for an EE. I'm pretty positive, especially if you were told he's an Ameraucana. Lots of folks mistake EEs for Ameraucanas, but they're not exactly the same. There are a lot of similarities, but they are EEs if they don't fit the breed standard.

X2

Back
Top Bottom