Breed possibilities??

Wdgross10

Chirping
Feb 22, 2021
Hello!! So I’m curious if anyone might know what type of hens these are..??
My husband brought them home but he forgot what they told him they were..
I cant help but be curious 😆 they are different than all the other hens we have had. He just brought them home today ♥️

Attachments

• IMG_6136.jpeg
    IMG_6136.jpeg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6137.jpeg
    IMG_6137.jpeg
    844.6 KB · Views: 19
My guess would be barnyard cross.. or possibly Easter Egger since they aren't conforming to any breed standard that I'm aware of, off the top of my head..

Ameraucana would have a pea comb not straight, also not in that pattern. Faverolles ( also D'uccles,bearded with straight comb) aren't in this pattern (similar to Delaware maybe called columbian) but also would have feathered legs/feet. Looks like one of those ladies is non bearded, so maybe actual Delaware (egg, skin color might be clues).

There are a lot of common names for "hybrid" eggers being made these days.. whiting true blue or true green, etc So if it's one of those designer (hatchery specific) names.. then maybe somebody else will know and share or jog you memory.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, thanks for sharing your new ladies!

My guess would be barnyard cross.. or possibly Easter Egger since they aren't conforming to any breed standard that I'm aware of, off the top of my head..

Ameraucana would have a pea comb not straight, also not in that pattern. Faverolles ( also D'uccles,bearded with straight comb) aren't in this pattern (similar to Delaware maybe called columbian) but also would have feathered legs/feet. Looks like one of those ladies is non bearded, so maybe actual Delaware (egg, skin color might be clues).

There are a lot of common names for "hybrid" eggers being made these days.. whiting true blue or true green, etc So if it's one of those designer (hatchery specific) names.. then maybe somebody else will know and share or jog you memory.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, thanks for sharing your new ladies!
Hey thats ok! ♥️
I appreciate any feedback because I wasnt sure! I cant wait to see those eggs! 😁 These ladies were so pretty! They look a bit similar to the wyandottes i had on my list lol

Sussex/Easter Egger cross? You may very well get green/blue eggs from those girls. They are beautiful birds.
Thank you! I thought they were beautiful too! I was happy to see them when I had no clue what kind of mamas he was coming home with! 🥰
My kiddos would love some green/blue eggs haha guess we will find out when they lay! 😆

Back
Top Bottom