Breed Science-- making a new breed.

But OP doesn't live anywhere near you. That's what I'm trying to say. They do not have the same birds that you have available, and the breeds that are the same are likely very different appearances.
If they are the same kind, just raised in a factory or on a farm, then the difference is probably in how they are fed and maybe how much exercise they get.

The Cornish Cross in the USA, that get so fat they die young, can be raised longer if people limit how much food they are allowed to eat. But people often have trouble limiting them enough, because they have really huge appetites!
If he’s determined he can buy 10 chicks I’m certain that many of them will survive to resemble the ones we have as long as he doesn’t spoil them too much, the ones that survive to teenagehood will look like this 👇🏻 and after a year and half he’ll have a good rooster for his project.
F625D4D0-56C6-4427-AA10-1B9EF7368F5F.jpeg

If they are the same kind, just raised in a factory or on a farm, then the difference is probably in how they are fed and maybe how much exercise they get.

The Cornish Cross in the USA, that get so fat they die young, can be raised longer if people limit how much food they are allowed to eat. But people often have trouble limiting them enough, because they have really huge appetites!
With determination anything is possible.

If he’s determined he can buy 10 chicks I’m certain that many of them will survive to resemble the ones we have as long as he doesn’t spoil them too much, the ones that survive to teenagehood will look like this 👇🏻 and after a year and half he’ll have a good rooster for his project. View attachment 2755358

I have never seen any CornishX in the US look like that, even with amazing care. The CornishX we have here are not the same that you get where you live.

There is a not very good picture of her hanging from the scale on page 29, and post-processing on 30. I'm going to have to dig through a lot of old Facebook posts to try and find a picture of her in the Run. She was not one of the favoured birds for photographs. Will take a while.

10.14 lb if that helps.

I have Brahma. They eventually get big. But it takes forever. At a time when they looked like 6# birds, around seven months, they barely weighed more than 4.5#. All feather bulk. Even now, at 14 months, i don't believe any of my hens exceed low 7#. Still growing, they look huge.

Its the feathers.
But I mean this large,
Screenshot_20210706-223205_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom