Breed Science-- making a new breed.

Pics
So you'd be breeding D'Anvers X Barred Rock X Sumatra, or Malay.

Malay maybe better for the short tail, but it's upto you what you want to use.

What I have on paper is a long glossy tail, a strong muscular body, and for a hen, less muscular, good mothers, and it depends on the breeds I breed on the egg color.
Okay, Sumatra would be a good choice then if you want a long tail.

Sumatras are good sitters, & Barred Rocks, & I believe D'Anvers are good broodies.

Egg color would be tinted, or a light brown.

Ok! So what would I need to do to have the feathers turn a buff orange? I find the orange so soothing, and I resent ly lost my last buff Orpington, so is there a way?
You'll be working with lots of black, plus barring. The D'Anvers may give some gold leakage, so you can always breed the leaky offspring to produce more Golden offspring. But this will take careful selection.

Also, I'm looking for a calm loving chicken, so not so flighty and jumpy breeds, anyway, what do yall think the comb would look like?
Sumatras vary, Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks are friendly(At least Mine Is), D'Anvers are supposed to be friendly.

Adding the D'Anvers, & Plymouth Rocks should help lessen the flightyness.

Comb would vary with the genetics involved. You could get walnut, or rose, or pea. A single comb maybe possible if the Walnut, or Rose, or Pea are carrying the recessive genes for single comb.

If you want a specific comb type, only breed those birds?

Back
Top Bottom